Old September 21st, 2007, 03:26 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Janet Wilder

Default Electricity Question

John H wrote:
Further to my original reply to Janet,
Now that you state that the unit has a single voltage input of 120 volts
60Hz & consumption of 13w.
Then I make the following suggestion.
The majority (but not all) of our hotels have a multi country plug accepted
110v power outlet
in their bathrooms/shower area etc.

This outlet is for low wattage appliances only.

This outlet is normally for shavers, but the small wattage (13W) of your
battery charger should be
OK for using that plug, as most electric shavers are in excess of that
wattage.

It sounds like you are bringing the unit anyway for whilst you are on a
cruise,
so try it in the hotel outlet. (assuming you are using hotels in Aust.)

I will take the little battery charger with me. I'm also packing several
changes of non-rechargeable batteries. The camera uses 4 AA batteries. I
don't know if they sell the same kind of AA batteries in Australia so
I'll just bring my own along. This is my first trip outside of North
America that I was not journeying on a cruise ship. I know the
electricity in Canada and Mexico would work, but Australia is a
different continent g

I did check the web sites of the 3 hotels we will be staying at and none
of them gave any information about electricity. They seem to be pretty
upscale establishments. In Sydney it's the Grace Hotel, at Ayers Rock
it's Desert Gardens Hotel and at Cairns it's Mantra Treetops Resort.
There is lots of information about amenities but nothing about electricity.

PS: I can't wait to fill the tub and watch the water circle the drain in
the opposite direction g

With deepest appreciation for all y'all's assistance,

Janet

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation