Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:46 PM
Dan Stephenson

Default Rome to Pompei

In article ,
Albert F. wrote:

Hi ! I will spend a weekend in Rome on Latest April. People who have
traveled the zone, do you think go to Pompei ruins and com back Rome in the
same day is a good idea or it's a long distance... I know it's close to
Napoli, but I will stay in Rome :-) I'm tinking going in a organized tour,
but may it be done by train? Any suggest?

Thanks in advance
Albert
PS: I'm from Barcelona, If you need any tip just tell me !!

Pompeii is big enough to take all day long. Easy. So expect a really
weary time if you see it from Rome and then travel back. Of course,
you could get one of those mini-guidebooks and see only a subset of
what Pompeii has to offer. Note that when you arrive in Naples via
train from Rome, you need to then take a commuter train line called
'Circumvesuviana' to the Pompeii site. Make sure you get a RETURN
ticket. If you go down a long hall to a ticket reader at the end,
you'd in the right place.

By the way, I have some Pompeii pictures at

http://homepage.mac.com/stepheda/Gra...toAlbum60.html

Have a lot of fun!

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos and movies from my 3-month European vacation and Wales 2003 at