Old March 27th, 2004, 12:23 PM
/

Default Europe-Closed on Sunday

Earl Evleth wrote:

It does keep Sunday a slower day than the other days of the week however, a
needed rest from consuming too much or too often. It at least gives the
pocket book a rest.

It does make Saturday a faster day though. When the city of Rotterdam
decided to allow shopping on Sunday on of the results was that the big
frenzy that Saturday used to be became a lot less hectic.

A ban for shopping on Sunday means that I have to do all shopping on
Saturday. In Switzerland it is even worse with shops closing at 4 PM.
which to me means less time to shop around for deals, and sometimes
having to do my shopping in a town 35 km away where some stores do open
on Sunday...

So in my experience, keeping everything closed on Sunday doesn't lead to
more rest for my pocket book, nor for my nerves...

Krist