Old January 9th, 2006, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Food Quality vs. Cruise Length

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
Don't know if this has anything to do with it either but I'll throw it
out there. I know they used these shorter cruises to break in new
hires. They uses these ships for training. Then when their first
contract is up and they get offered another job they move to one of the
"new, longer sailing" ships. I was told this by several Carnival
employees. So if the shorter cruises are a training ground them that
might explain the food quality & quality in general. New Chefs in
training?

I figured the training was done on the older ships. About 6 years ago, we
went on the Tropicale (I believe one of its last Carninval voyages) for $199
each for 4 days. A good deal, so well took 'em up. ANyway, I started playing
blackjack whre I'd always broke about even. I came back home with a couple
hundred more than I left with and spent $$ on lots of other things too! I
knew then that the edalers were training! Hasn't happened since!!!!