Old December 12th, 2007, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Keith Willshaw

Default Motorhome v air & hotels

"sharx35" wrote in message

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in
message ...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

Having driven to Alaska I wouldnt describe getting motel rooms as hard.
It may
be in August but in late June it was never a problem.

Keith

The people we talked to said that either a motel was filled in the more
remote areas, or you stopped early for the day. The major cities Prince
George, White Horse, should not be a problem, but there are long miles
of nothing on the roads up there.

Sure but I there seemed to be plenty of rooms in Dawson Creek,
Fort St John , Fort Nelson, Teslin and Tok. The only place I booked
as it was necessary was Muncho Lake and that was just a lodge.

We stayed in Muncho Lake for a couple of days. Hired a lodge operator to
take us up in his plane. Beautiful!

Probably the same lodge, the planes took off just behind it. I was
recommended to spend some time there and was glad I did.

Keith