Old August 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Verizon Smartphones And Cruise Ships Don't Mix

"Dick Miles" wrote:
Text messages only cost about 50 cents each.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Charles" wrote in message
Go Fig wrote:

that are available, but you may not be able to
you may not have data access. Dont forget that your iPad or Android
tablet will also connect to 3G or Wifi networks and can also access
your email.

Yes it is a glitch but none wants to use cell data on a cruise ship. The
roaming rates are humongous! I have AT&T and I have data roaming off and
cell data off when on a cruise ship and international ports. So this is
only a real problem for wealthy people who don't mind bills of several
thousand dollars.
--
Charles

The glitch does not affect text messages. The author of the article says
that voice and SMS were available. (SMS is text messaging) They were unable
to do email which is a data service.

--
Charles