Old September 18th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Chris Blunt

Default Prices of camcorder in Hong Kong?

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:31:14 +0300, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message
.. .

For those in the EU and planning a trip to Asia its worth checking to
see if you can get a refund of VAT if you buy items to take with you.

I have often claimed a refund of the 17.5% VAT for things I've bought
in the UK and taken back home to Manila with me. That saving can often
mean the price works out as low as it could be found anywhere else.

And you have naturally declared you goods at the Philippine border to pay
the local VAT..........

Definitely not. In most cases I've already used the goods for at least
a few days, or even weeks, so if asked I can say they're not new.