Old April 11th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Kalico

On 11 Apr 2005 20:00:39 GMT,
lid (Code6) wrote:

Hello people,

Me and a mate have decided to go on a 2 week backpack tour this
summer. I never went backpacking before, but in my enthuisiasm I've
allready bought the whole equipment and I'm ready to rock. The only
problem is that we're still deciding on where to go.

We need to keep it low budget, being students and all. Viewing from
this and an adventerous perspective, we want to camp outside, in the
nature not on campings. We also want to hike for about 8 days and
have the resting 6 days to relax and enjoy nature.

So the only 2 countries that allow for free camping seem to be norway
and sweden right? Or are we mistaking? Anybody else had any good
experiences with these kind of trips? I'd like to hear every pointer
you can give us, conserning everthing... think about beauty of
enviorment, walkabillity, cost, temperature, free camping, etc...

thanks in advance

We're from the Netherlands by the way, might be usefull to know when
considering travel distance.

TURKEY - Great country to trek around. If you are concerned about it
being too hot, head for the north-east corner around Trabzon/Rize.

Should be cheap too.

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply