Old February 24th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Raffi Balmanoukian

Default African Doctors

in article 8pC_b.680221$_x2.1436842@zonnet-reader-1, Paul Dwerryhouse at
wrote on 2/24/04 2:44 AM:

"Graham" writes:

so for being Patriotic..you should try it one day.

Patriotism is a sign of abject stupity. Every country has individuals who
believe that their own country is the "best place in the world" and they
can't all be right.

The UN Human Development Index had Canada as "best" for many years, a
placement that our Prime Minister trotted out ad nauseum at every
opportunity.

In 2001, Australia took over top ranking. It was huge news in Canada (it
slipped to #3 behind, I believe, Norway). It was barely mentioned, and
hardly news, in Australia that their island continent was now, according to
UN standards, "the best place in the world."

I think it was because it was telling them what they already knew.

I'll leave it to the morons who go to flag raising ceremonies on Australia
day.

Trolling, the last refuge of the scoundrel.