Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Rob Keulemans

Default Advice needed: independant travel Zambia

Marc / Angelique ,
we have been traveling in Zambia on our own the last 3 years and that has
been no problem at all. Only car hire is not that advanced as in other East/
southern African countries yet but it is starting. You might try Hensons
Used Car Sales and Rentals
Plot No.10489 Manchinchi Road, Olympia, behind Manda Hill Lusaka Tel:
292227 Fax: 294624 or else just search the web. www.4x4hireafrica.com is
another one.
Camping is easy and good . You cannot camp inside South Luangwa but that is
not really necessary because there are a number of camping sites just at the
entrance to the national park in Mfuwe. We like Wildlife camp. You can camp
in Kafue national park different sites, also in Lusaka there are 2 good camp
sites from where the shopping can be done.

Rob , the Netherlands

"Marc & Angelique" MaandotMichelsathetnetdotnl schreef in bericht
Hello,

W' re planning a trip to Zambia.
Would like advice on car rental (4x4 camp equip. incl.), do & don'ts,
camping IN the Parks and other tips.
Anyone with recent experience to share info is apreciated.

Best regards

Marc & Angelique
Netherlands