Old January 19th, 2006, 12:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Delta Beware of no refund no changes, no support!

Tim Weaver wrote:
I purchased a ticket online with Delta.com for $600. After falling sick
to the flu, I tried to change my ticket. They stated this is a discount
ticket, and I cannot make changes, nor get a refund for my eticket. I"m
out $600 bucks. Never again fly Delta. What kind of customer service is
that? It says nothing in my receipt about not being able to cancel the
ticket.

How did you book your ticket? Call back and ask for the refund
department. You will get a different person. Explain the situation
and you will probably get your money back.

Delta recently told me I would have to take a credit for a cancelled
flight. I called back and got someone else who realized it was a
fully-refundable ticket, and so received a full refund. This is not
the first time this sort of thing has happened to me. Especially if
you are *really* nice about it, they will most likely accomodate you.
If they still refuse, ask if you can get a credit toward a future
flight. Standard practice is $100 fee plus the change in airfare
(which may be nothing). So in effect you would have a $500 credit to
use within a year, with Delta.

Good luck,
-L.