Old May 13th, 2004, 12:37 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

Default Recommendations - the perfect climate?

... the cab driver offered to take me off the meter and charge me a flat
rate...

"Thanks sooo much, driver!!! But I'm a bit low on cash. You're so kind...
I'm sure you'll take my check."

Mila

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Howie
wrote:

It's varied all over the place for me, from the ridiculous, to the
exasperating, to the sublime. Actually my best taxi experiences
occurred two weeks ago, when we were staying in Manhattan.

Two weeks ago I took a cab from Baltimore Penn Station to the Baltimore
cruise port. The cab cost $13.70. On the return last Friday the cab
driver offered to take me off the meter and charge me a flat rate of
$27 to save me money. I told him he was full of it. He must have
figured I was an out of town sucker. When we got to Penn Station by the
way of the route I directed him to take, for $15, he said, you showed
me better way. Yeah, right.......

--
Charles