Old March 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Wheel Chairs

In article , Peaches
wrote:

I do that as often as possible. I'm surprised at the people who wave me to a
handicapped spot. I just tell them I'm having good day and leave it for
someone who may need it that day. I use my scooter on the ship, I'm on
oxygen and have other medical problems that are not visible. So if you see
me board with my scooter and then walking a bit around the ship, just say
'hi', don't judge me.

I don't understand why some seem to think that it is either/or. Some
don't need a scooter or wheelchair full time, only part time. It
depends on disability and extent of disability. It is not up to us to
judge the disability of others.

Also people today we may not need a wheelchair or other mobility aid.
That could change tomorrow. Everyone I know who uses a mobility aid
whether it is a cane, walker, scooter or wheelchair became disabled
sometime in their adult life. I don't think any ever expected it.

--
Charles