Old March 19th, 2011, 07:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Wheel Chairs

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

I don't understand why some seem to think that it is either/or. Some
don't need a scooter or wheelchair full time, only part time. It
depends on disability and extent of disability. It is not up to us to
judge the disability of others.

Also people today we may not need a wheelchair or other mobility aid.
That could change tomorrow. Everyone I know who uses a mobility aid
whether it is a cane, walker, scooter or wheelchair became disabled
sometime in their adult life. I don't think any ever expected it.
--
Charles

Exactly, we don't know the person(s) well enough to judge why they requested
a wheelchair. I admit, as with many other things, there is abuse, but people
have COPD, recent surgeries, knee or hip and back related problems to name
just a few, all problems that are not visible.. Walking long distances that
are required while changing airport gates are hardships on healthy people
much less with those with medical problems or advanced age, especially with
so little time between flights...There are many reasons that a wheelchair is
required and jumping to conclusions because they need more time boarding is
not reasonable or fair. One day you just might be the one needing one!

--Jean