Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default European Resturant Food prices

tim..... wrote:

"Frank Hucklenbroich" wrote in message
.. .
Am Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:24:55 -0000 schrieb tim.....:

In France the tourist "menu de Jour" was only available at lunchtime

Thats strange.

I just assumed that it was because they wanted to charge full price in the
evening

When we went around Bourgogne, it was available in the
evenig at every restaurant we tried. It was in summer, so the high season,
and most tourists (lots of them French) rather have a 4 course menu in the
evening than for lunch.

Yep, so why discount it when it is most popular?

Sometimes (not always) it costs more than at lunchtime but, as the
various posts indicate, they are nevertheless often available.

David

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)