Old June 12th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Mxsmanic

Trevor Appleton writes:

Looking for holiday home in France. Must have ISDN.

Anyone know how to find ISDN (and ADSL) availability in France?

Can't find anything on France Telecom website.

ADSL is available in practically all large urban areas. ISDN is called
RNIS in French, and the France Télécom flavor is called Numéris. It is
more widely available than ADSL geographically but it is falling into
disuse these days. It would be very, very unusual for a holiday home to
have ISDN. ADSL is more likely, if it's near a city, and cable
broadband might also be available. About the only sure thing is that it
will probably have a standard telephone line for dial-up.