Old September 18th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Keith Sayers

Default Railway progress into Darwin

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:18:49 GMT, "PhilD" wrote:

Some bridges were subject to being cut in the wet season.

True, but some were the reverse. I can remember bumping over the
rail bridge at Adelaide River when the river below was running a
banker.

The great pity of it coming to an end is that our stupid Australian
governments can't just continue on and build in the other missing links of
Tennant Ck to Mt Isa and from Katherine down the west coast.

Or get us stupid taxpayers to finance it ....

Katherine down the west coast ....... ! That really is
something to spend this century talking about! How about a link from
Kalgoorlie to Newman? (I mean to talk about ..... )
Keith Sayers, Canberra, Australia
Mail : 6 Clambe Place,
CHARNWOOD, ACT 2615
http://www.pcug.org.au/~kmsayers