Old March 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default What about Tasmania

Tasmania is wonderful. We were there for about 10 days and loved it!

We flew into Hobart, drove up the coast, then inland to Launceston, up
to Devonport, along the north coast for awhile, then down to Cradle
Mountain and back to Hobart via the Great Lake and the Derwent River.
We hope to return for a longer trip to see the west coast.

We stayed a couple nights at the Cradle Mountain Lodge, which was
expensive, but well worth it. Both the scenery and wildlife in this
area other worldly.

Port Arthur is another must see. It is an amazing and beautiful
site. A trip up Mount Wellington offers spectacular views of Hobart,
the Derwent River Valley and the area's dramatic coastline.

In addition to identifying key places to visit, we identified
waterfalls along our general route and detoured to see as many as we
could. It was well worth it.

Your visit will forever be a high point in your life.

Enjoy your trip!

Jerry

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:28:04 +0100, "Nospam"
wrote:

Hi,

End this year we'll travel to Tasmania.
Is there anyone who can tell us what to see, and what not
Experience with diving around Tasmania
Travelling, campsites etc.

Regards
Rita and Arjen