Old September 30th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Keith Willshaw

Default Are we crazy?

"Richard Summer" wrote in message
om...
My wife and I are going to Sweden on December 22 to pick up our new
Volvo. We plan to drive to Copenhagen for a couple of days-then on to
Germany, Austria, etc. We are going at that time because it's the only
time that we both can get away for 2 weeks. A friend who has travelled
that area in the winter seems to think that we won't enjoy the
possible bitter cold, short days, and the fact that perhaps some
places will be closed for the holidays.My wife and I have taken many
driving trips in the U.S.-although never during prolonged snowstorms.
Please-any input or general suggestions will be appreciated. -Thanks

The weather in Southern Sweden , Denmark and Germany
will be realatively mild in comparison to that prevailing
in the US Mid West at that time of year. My recollection
of Chicago in December is a climate more akin to
that of Moscow than Copenhagen or Stockholm

Keith