Old March 30th, 2009, 08:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Steve Cain

Default Barcelona advice

"Ian F." wrote in message
Barcelona is one of the cities I haven't yet visited, but Mrs. F. and I
are planning to drive there in June from Malaga.

Just a couple of questions: where would be a good place to stay overnight
to break the journey? Maybe Valencia?

And can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced hotel in central Barcelona -
not knowing the city, I have no clue where the main areas are for
shopping, restaurants, museums, art galleries etc., so any advice is most
welcome. I trust advice from people here rather than scouring TripAdvisor.

The Chic&Basic in Born comes well recommended, but, at 170 euro a night,
it's a tad too pricey.

If you haven't been there before I'd certainly stop in Granada on the way to
Valencia. Perhaps 4 hours to catch the Alhambra? s