Old May 15th, 2014, 08:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default is a 7 day cruise worth the exrtra 100 dollars?

On Wed, 14 May 2014 22:30:34 -0400, Bill
wrote:

On 5/14/2014 6:33 PM, wrote:
is a 7 day cruise worth the exrtra 100 dollars vs. say a 5 day cruise?
I mean the 100 dollars is just for the room. There will be I think 1
or 2 more ports and that will cost and then the added drinks and added
gambling. so I figure the total will be somewhere around an extra 300
$$$. Would the 2 days be worth it or should I jsut tstick to the 5 day
cruise.

Please dont tell me it is up to me I am looking for personal opinion
and perhaps personal experiences.

Do you want us to tell you what to have for dinner, too? If you enjoy
cruising, the longer the better. I think that most serious cruisers
would tell you that anything less than a week is too short. If you've
done longer than that, you may think that 7 days is too short. Unless
you're cruising really cheap, $100 is nothing for 2 extra days.

I do find it amazing that you blow $100 a day on drinking and gambling
on the ship. Control those and the extra 2 days will really only cost
you $100.

well there is the gambling which would only add up to about 20-30
dollars if it is qa bad day and then maybe one drink and that is like
12 dollars and then the extra ports where I usually buy a couple of t
shirts and maybe get some local food. Or if I do an excursion and that
can run up to 80 dollars