Old November 8th, 2011, 09:15 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Graham Harrison[_3_]

Default Return cheaper than a single??? LON-NYC

"paulfoel" wrote in message
OK. Planning to use my Continental miles to book a business class flight
back from New York (its with Air Canada one of their partners) on a
Saturday.

Excellent, so I though just book a one-way to go out on Wednesday = £700.

The price of a return going on Wednesday (same flight) and returning Sunday
is £350 !!!! Dont understand.

Could I book the return, and my free miles flight, use the outward then just
not use the return I paid for? Or would Continental suss something was up
here and disallow it?

Why not buy the round trip and use miles to upgrade?