Old January 14th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Earl Evleth

Default Socks!

On 14/01/04 16:57, in article , "Derek
McBryde" wrote:

Ah good old IBM, the guardian of the world's dress code )

To the best of my knowledge, IBM employees dress differently in each
of the many countries where IBM has presence. Within that they
dress according to their function and accepted group practices.
Those that are customer facing tend to dress more formally than those
that aren't, except when they know they are definitely not seeing
customers, when they too would dress more casually.

There are no hard and fast rules and no statement of what one is
"allowed" to wear. However each manager has the right to take issue
with an individual's dress style if s/he feels it is inappropriate for
the business environment.

To remind you what you said

"I have said it elsewhere, that I believe there are times when one can
be more flexible in this newsgroup. However I also strongly
believe we should guard against this flexibility being abused, to the
detriment of the newsgroup."

:-)

Earl