Old September 9th, 2008, 07:32 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Graz[_2_]

Default Info On Vog On Kauai

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 16:00:02 -0700, Dwight
wrote:

James Silverton wrote:

Dwight wrote on Fri, 05 Sep 2008 07:54:22 -0700:

We are travelling to Kauai in October, and I have been told by
a resident that there is no vog from the volcano when the
trades blow, but that when it is calm they get some.

I have some asthma and dwould like to stay where the air is
ost clear. Do you know which coast of Kauai might have the
most air movement when the trades are not blowing?

Thank you in advance.

There are active volcanoes on Hawaii (Big Island) and Haleakala on Maui
is dormant but I've never noticed fumes at places on the beaches during
6 visits. Kauai does not have an active volcano does it? I'd never seen
the word "vog" before!

Thanks,

With this new eruption, vog is very strong on Hawaii, and it extends to
Oahu on bad days.

I expet Kauai gets some when there is a Kona wind.

vog = volcano fog?