Old February 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Kurt Ullman

Default When This Flight Attendant Tells You to Sit Down . . .

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

BlackEyes writes:

Well that is a good thing that you have done...Ever since that 911
thingy I think every flight attendant should be trained to be able to
fight and defend themselves and the passengers. It is not just useful
for planes but in your daily lives as well. It appears to me that more
and more crooks are born on the daily basis.

Violence is not a durable solution to any problem, and it is almost never
necessary in daily life or on airplanes. Violent terrorists on airplanes are
so rare that they are statistically insignificant, much more so than
accidents, and even accidents are extremely rare.

But defensive training would also be useful for drunks, the mentally
ill, and aggressive a$$holes. Bigger percentage of your client base
(especially the first and last).

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars