Old April 14th, 2013, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default Points of interest between Bristol and Stansted

On 2013-04-08 15:53:13 -0500, Jesper Lauridsen said:

I'll be driving from Bristol to Stansted airport on a Sunday and have
around 7 hours at my disposal, so I'm looking for somewhere interesting
to make stop on the way.

Interests would be great nature, grand architecture or maybe some old town.

I'll second someone else's suggestion to visit Bath. It has nice
Geogian architecture, and a pretty cathedral. The Roman baths can be
toured.

Winding your way through the Cotswolds visiting tiny villages would
also be very picturesque.

Close to the airport is St. Alban's, with an interesting cathedral,
Roman ruins, and the museum has some great mosaics salvaged.

--
Dan Stephenson
http://stepheda.com