Old September 23rd, 2007, 11:33 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
proffsl

Default Driver Licensing not about highway safety

Dave Smith wrote:
proffsl wrote:

No, its a RIGHT that has been taken away by the government.

Feel free to provide a cite to some credible source that supports
the idea that driving is a right rather than a privilege.

Although, I do not base my arguments on court arguments, and I
do not consider any of today's courts as a credible source of
anything except bull****, there are always these two court rulings.

It seems quite obvious that you opinion is born out of disregard for
the laws of the land or the courts, as well as complete ignorance
or total disregard of accident statistics.

Disreguard presumes I pay no attention to them. I seem to be paying
quite a bit attention to these laws. I think a better word would be
DISRESPECT. And, I fully admit with great patrotic pride that I have
a great Disrespect for Laws that are contrary and offensive to our
Rights. I consider that my duty as a U.S. Citizen. I also consider it
YOUR duty as well.

"Undoubtedly the right of locomotion, the right to remove from one
place to another according to inclination, is an attribute of personal
liberty, and the right, ordinarily, of free transit from or through
the territory of any state is a right secured by the 14th Amendment
and by other provisions of the Constitution." - Williams v. Fears, 179
U.S. 270 (1900) -http://laws.findlaw.com/us/179/270.html#274

"The streets belong to the public and are primarily for the use of the
public in the ordinary way." -- Packard v. Banton, 264 U.S. 140 (1924)
-http://laws.findlaw.com/us/264/140.html#144

What is the Locomotion ordinarily used for personal travel on our
public highways today? DRIVING THE AUTOMOBILE.

Christ. You don't even know what locomotion means. It does not mean
driving a car.

I know full well what Locomotion means. I have studied this issue for
several years now. Locomotion is the act of removing one's self from
one place to another according to their own inclination.

The court case sited just above defines the act of Locomotion as "to
remove from one place to another according to inclination".

Meriam-Websters defines Locomotion as: "an act or the power of moving
from place to place"

We have the Right of Locomotion ordinarily used for personal travel on
our public highways. What is the Locomotion ordinarily used for
personal travel on our public highways these days? DRIVING THE
AUTOMOBILE is, by far and away, the Locomotion ordinarily used for
personal travel on our public highways these days.