Old November 21st, 2007, 07:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

Default Guest House/Bed&breakfast in DELHI INDIA!

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
William Black wrote:

"Stem sells" wrote in message
Where can I find information on a guest house/paying guest/B&B/sublet
for 2-4 weeks in New Delhi/Delhi (location is very flexible, provided
that it's close to Delhi), with a A FAST
AND RELIABLE INTERNET CONNECTION IS CRITICALLY IMPORTANT FOR ME. I've
tried to find this information on the NET, but without much success.

Delhi will not provide a fast reliable home Internet service because it
suffers from 'load shedding' and the power is off about 4 hours in 24 at
reasonably random, but usually known to the locals, times throughout the
day everywhere that doesn't have its own generator.

Jeez- they still have that problem? It was like that in the 80s. I'd
naively assumed that with the improvement in the economy etc., that
those kinds of infrasructure things would be sorted by now...

Not yet.

Bombay (only the island, from spring this year the Bombay suburbs also
suffer load shedding) remains the only place in the country with 24 hour
power.

The government wants to buy a shed load of nuclear reactors from the
Russians and the French but can't, for internal political reasons, clinch
the nuclear deal with the US to make it happen.

--
William Black

Time for tea.