Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

Default Guest House/Bed&breakfast in DELHI INDIA!

"Doesn't Frequently Mop" wrote in
message ...
On the particular moment of Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:17:26 +0530 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, "William
Black" put forth:

"Doesn't Frequently Mop" wrote
in
message ...
On the particular moment of Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:50:22 +0530 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, "William
Black" put forth:

"Doesn't Frequently Mop"
wrote
in
message ...

I'd like to know, just what are you doing there in India?

Not being cold.

I'm retired.

There is Spain of course! Closer to home.

I know what India is like, and I have no doubt that it could get into
your blood, but I was wondering what your history with the place is.

Well for a start my wife is Indian and owns a couple of houses here,
which
makes things easy.

She also speaks a collection of the local languages, which makes things
even easier, and I prefer the food (and the people) to Spanish, plus
most
people I come into contact with speak some English, and most speak good
idiomatic English.

What else, I like the place, it's fun, everything is dead cheap, the
place is full of interesting characters and Bombay especially has an
atmosphere (and a smell) that no other city I've ever been to has.

That's absafrigginlutely all I was wanting to know!

Thanks for an honest answer, and I hope my wife doesn't see this
message, coz she'll want to move there straight away!

N.B. I'm sure there are down sides, like filth, disease and ****.

**** and disease are only about in Summer and the monsoon period.

Dirt and beggars are something you learn to live with.

Best times are November to mid March.

I hate to tell you this because your wife may read it but my sister reckons
that if she spends a day in the beauty parlour, buys a dozen made to
measure outfits and half a dozen pairs of shoes and handbags she makes back
the cost of her air fare and a week in a medium priced hotel.

My wife just reckons that the UK is unreasonably expensive for everything
except make-up and chocolate...

--
William Black

Time for tea.