Old September 16th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Juliana L Holm

Default how to become an agent?

Also, many community colleges provide tourism and travel programs. I would
also note that in this day and age, internet skills are essential. Also,
learn all you can, travel all you can. In a day and age when I can get the
best buy on an air seat on the internet, what an agent has to sell is his
or her expertise.

Julie

Keith Willshaw wrote:

"MOhar871" wrote in message
i realize this is probably not the proper board but i dont know where to

begin.
at this point in my life i am thinking how much i would love to be a

travel
agent. does anybody know what kind of schooling it takes to do this.

Basic literacy would be a good start followed by extensive travel
experience and a good knowledge of foreign cultures and
geography

are there
specialty school for thsi type of thing?

Yes the Institute of Certified Travel Agents (ICTA) offers
a course that lead to the designation of Certified Travel
Counselor (CTC) and the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
offers a correspondence course that provides a basic understanding
of the travel industry.

i am not interested in some internet
send us money work from home nonsense eitehr. i want the 'proper'

education to
learn how to make a living doing this and perhaps a place to start...any
suggestions out there from people in the field? thansk, M.O.

Start by paying attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation and
capitalisation.

Keith

--
Julie