Old June 16th, 2004, 04:19 AM
eric h

Default Washington DC and New York airports choice (USA)

In article ,
Hallvard Tangeraas wrote:

What I've done now is the following:

- Vancouver - Washington DC Reagan (DCA)
- Washington DC Dulles - New York La Guardia
- New York JFK - Zurich (via Frankfurt)

I thought I'd try out another airport when leaving, but if it's really
a crappy and inconvenient one which is difficult and time-consuming to
get to I can change this to IAD as well.
How much time do you reckon I'd use to take a bus/train to Dulles?

It's a long time, but if you like airplanes, the new Udvar-Hazy satellite
facility of the National Air and Space Museum is very close to Dulles--it
has all the large airplanes that won't fit in the main facility. As far
as I'm concerned, it's the only reason to go via Dulles. If the air
museum doesn't interest you, either try and trade in for a DCA-LGA ticket
or just take a train instead. It's about 4 hours on a cheaper train,
and $70, but for that, you save all the fuss of getting out to an airport
in DC and in from an airport to NYC.

So, how do I get from one of the central locations in NY to JFK?
I think I might be staying at one of the Chelsea hostels in Manhattan
if they have rooms available.
Would that be a good choice for staying 5 days in New York, trying to
see as much as possible without spending half of each day just
travelling?

Sounds about right. That's how I'd do it.
--
---
"Wake Up, Everybody."--McFadden/Whitehead/Carstarphen