Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate

Default Car Rental @ SYD Monthly/Weekly Rates ?

$29.99 USD is a good rate, if it's inclusive of damage waiver etc. That's
about $38 AUD.

Try Hertz, Budget, Thrifty or Europcar direct at their web sites. Remember
rates will be in the AUD - not the USD.

Budget: http://www.budget.com.au/default.aspx

Hertz:
https://www.hertz.com.au/rentacar/in...OnHomepage.jsp

Thrifty: http://www.thrifty.com.au/

Europcar: http://www.europcar.com.au/

There are cheaper local hirers, but they tend to charge a kilometric fee.

"Rudy" wrote in message
We are flying into SYD in Feb and plan a 6 week walkabout (by car).

I've looked at Orbitz and found a Dodge Lancer compact for $ 29.99/day,
unlimited Mileage (Kilometer-age?).
Orbitz shows you the "big 5" and their prices are very similar.
There doesn't seem to be any better rate for monthly or even weekly
rentals like they have in N. America.

Doesn anyone who's actually IN Australia know of any Car hire companies
that have Monthly or Weekly rates AND unlimited 'miles' ?

Also I did note that to rent a car at the SYD airport (VS "in town"
Sydney) carries an extra fee/tax of over $ 100.00

I guess I'll be renting in the City !