Old October 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Panawe

Default Road trip USA Nat'l parks

On 2011-10-12, Panawe wrote:
On 10/10/2011 6:33 AM, Panawe wrote:

I would like to go whale-watching and see Yosemite and Yellowstone
Nat'l parks (and others if feasible).

As regards my itinerary - what would you suggest given that I want to
get the most out of my holiday? Should I leave Yellowstone for another
time? Even if I extend the holiday to three weeks?

You could drive less and still visit three national parks if you choose
Yosemite, Death Valley and Grand Canyon (Arizona side). Hoover Dam and
Las Vegas are along the assumed route, and might also be worth seeing.

-LN

Thanks to everyone for advice.

I'm listening and I'm wondering now about 14 days fly-drive out of San
Francisco followed by a week's package tour (a holiday within a holiday!)
to Yellowstone flying to and from SFO. I could have a rest from driving
on the Y'stone tour.

What do you think?

Or I could do the grand tour from Seattle to SF via.... stop it!

--
Panawe