Old November 21st, 2007, 07:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

Default Guest House/Bed&breakfast in DELHI INDIA!

"Stem sells" wrote in message
Thanks for your speedy reply, WIlliam!

I called up some hotels and guest houses in Delhi/New Delhi area, and
they would have a 512kbps internet connection. Also, I will be using
this during off-peak hours - let's say from 6:00 PM - 3:00 AM IST.

From your perspective, is a 256kbps connection fast enough for me to
be able to use my Vonage VOIP? If 256kbps is good, than 512kbps is,
for sure, really good. I have a 5Mbps connection, and it's perfectly
good.

Thanks for your time.

Skype works fine.

Indian ADSL links are prone to being dropped and taking a couple of minutes
to log back on and don't believe anyone who tells you they get consistent
speeds from a domestic ADSL link in India, they don't.

There will be a 'load shedding' some time on most evenings because that's
when people go home and switch on their A/C system.

--
William Black

Time for tea.