Old August 8th, 2005, 04:35 PM
PeterL

x-no-archive

calberto22 wrote:
Hi all, we will be in Seattle for 4 days with our 5 year old boy. any
tips on fun things to do? my husband had suggested going to Mount
Rainier for a few days, renting a cabin and have fun exploring. i am
concerned the hikes will be too long for my son to hold his attention.
he loves "exploring" but not if he has to walk 5 miles! is this a good
park for kids? if not, do you have any fun suggestions for the area?
he loves to look for treasure, explore, find bugs, feed animals, etc.
i'd like something outdoors since it's nice this time of year over
there. we were in Victoria last year and LOVED it but we'd like to do
something different. Any tips on a fun vacation near seattle that a 5
year old boy would enjoy? thanks for any tips, Carla

If you are going to be Seattle for 4 days how many days are you going
to visit Mt. Rainier. Yes it can be streneous for a 5 year old. There
are lots of exploration options in Seattle. Take ferries to a couple
of the islands. The ferry ride will be great fun for a 5 year old.