Old November 29th, 2015, 08:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default Milan to Bucharest by train?

"Paul Aubrin" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:43:47 -0600, Happy.Hobo wrote:

Recommendations for which TRAIN route to take fro Milano to Bucuresti ?

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en
Several legs, either by Insbruck (34 hours) or Wien (30 hours).

I think he's already looked that up (his reference to the bus connection is
a clue).

The results using the travel planner are designed to provide for the fastest
journeys between the two points.

Unfortunately (for this route) it brings up lots of options with multiple
changes.

The simplest option is two overnight through trains, Milano - Wien one night
and Wien - Bucuresti a following night. Both are available using "global
pricing" (which means a single fare including on board accommodation),
though I suspect that won't meet the OP's request for the cheapest solution

Only 2hours 15mn and 20€ direct flight on Ryanair.

or E299 if all the 20 Euro seats are sold for the day you want to travel

I wonder if there's a bus?

tim