Old August 4th, 2006, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
B Vaughan

Default "One bag" travel, which bag is best?

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 01:21:22 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

I've carried backpacks round Istanbul many times. Miguel's picture is
dead on. Broken surfaces, tramlines, jam-packed public transport,
gangways onto ferries - you'd be nuts to use anything with wheels there.
It's no coincidence that there are still porters in Istanbul who can
make a living carrying goods on their backs.

I don't understand the public transport thing. The human body is less
bulky around the legs than around the chest. In a packed tram, you can
always find a bit of unused real estate on the floor, while a backpack
on your back will be punching people in the face.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it