Old December 13th, 2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

Default Changing Flight Penalty?

I have booked a flight with Contential Air about a month ago. It was
the cheapest type of tickets. I am to fly about a month from now. I
see by checking the airline's web site that the flight is way under
booked. Also, I have come to the conclusion that it would be better
if I flew an earlier flight. What type of penalty would I incur if I
were to change the flight?

The real answer is what everyone else has said, only Continental can
tell you.

CO typically lets you stand by for earlier flights on the same day at
no extra charge, but you won't know until you get there whether you
got on the earlier flight. They also often have a special rule that
changing your reservation to a flight that leaves within three hours
of your original flight costs only $25. Failing that, it costs $100
plus whatever the difference in ticket price is.

So call them and tell us what they said.