Old November 7th, 2006, 05:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Default More questions [long]

wrote:

Thank You sooooooooooooooooo much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We decided - 7-night Caribbean-Western - from Miami with Royal
Caribbean )) We decided to take just oceanview cabin, it was huge
diffrent between balcony cabin (at this date), we think it's better to
stay in Miami longer.

snip
3.George Town: snorkeling, can You recomend any place? We didn't want
to take our equipment, where we can rent something?

The cruise line will rent you equipment or equip you if you take their
excursion. If you take a non-cruise line snorkeling boat, the boat
will give you equipment, but I personally would take my own mask and
snorkel. I don't mind using other people's fins, but I like to have a
mask and snorkel that fit, and they don't take up that much room in
the luggage.

4.Cozumel: is it enough time (9 hours) to get to Tulum? how is with
ferrys? How did You spend Your day in Cozumel? I really would like to
see ruins in Tulum, but we afraid it is too complicated?

I have not been to Tulum - personally if I were to do that kind of
tour from there, I'd fly rather than take the ferry. I've been to the
ruins in Belize and Tikal, but mostly in Cozumel I did scuba diving-
none of them from a ship though.

snip

6. How does it work with arrival and departure times?
For example: departure time is at 4:00 PM what time we have to be in
the port? at 4pm we have to be on the deck or we have to be earlier?

I'm assuming you are talking about departure at a port where you have
stopped for the day?? They will tell you something like - departure
is 4 pm, be back on board at 3:30.

If you are talking about boarding the ship for the first time, the
boarding times are usually something like noon to 3.

7. What kind of transportation did You use? taxi, rent car, bus?

Depends on the port. Sometimes one and sometimes another. Sometimes
you don't need any transportation.

8. Is it only one meal included? Do we have to decide what time we want
to eat? Should we do any reservation before? What about room service?
Can we just order our meal to the room or we have to eat at the dining
room? I read somewhere room service is included, What does it mean?
food is included or service charges?

On board the ship, all meals are included. Breakfast and lunch are
usually buffet style, although you can go to the dining room to eat if
you want to. Dinner you will be assigned a time and a table, although
you can usually still eat at the buffet if you miss your time or
something. You can order room service, and the food is free, but you
will need to tip, or maybe there is a service charge for it.