Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:26 AM posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:40:39 -0700, "ATM"
wrote:

We like this short term apartment in Matthattan for a week deal?
Where can we find it and how to learn more? We don't mind tidy up before we
leave.

Where did you hear about this apartment? Be careful of Craigslist.
There are many valid items there but some scams also where they take
tour money and there is no apartment. My cousin does have a beach
house in CT that he rents through Craigslist and it has worked out
well.
As far as the prepaid hotels go. Some of them are good deals but some
aren't that much of a deal. But they are non-refundable and my wife
and I are reluctant to try it. I often go to Tripadvisor and then book
through the hotel website or call the hotel directly. I was referring
to a reservation that could be cancelled if there is a better deal as
the time gets closer.
There are times that just having the card of the chain can get you a
discount. We once got 30% off a Starwood hotel in HI merely by getting
the free card. We were using a travel agent and couldn't believe it
when she told us. We thought there was a catch but there wasn't.
I wouldn't advise taking luggage on a subway in NY. You might wind up
lugging it up and down a lot of stairs.
We've always driven our own car to New York so I don't know anything
about rentals. It's very common for New Yorkers to rent cars because
it can be so expensive to keep a car in Manhattan.