Old September 4th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Julie

We stayed at the Royal St Charles on St Charles Street. It is 1 block from
the French Quarter and was very nice, quiet, with breakfast included. They
have valet parking.

Peace and Quiet and French Quarter do not go together.

"Michael Pohl" wrote in message
I stayed in the Hotel Intercontinental right off the French Quarter (1
block) it is on St. Charles Street and was an absolutely beautiful hotel.
It only cost me 69/night. Not sure if you can still get that rate but

that
is one of the nicest hotels in the area at a good price.

"Paula" wrote in message
om...
Wow, this seems like a tough job (to get a good rate in the French
Quarter in New Orleans)! It's like booking a hotel in Europe!

Anyway, this is what I am looking for in a hotel:

1. Cheap (we usually stay at Best Westerns/Holiday Inns/La Quintas @
around $100).
2. Clean (no roaches, please!).
3. Quiet (don't want to be kept awake by partiers).
4. Safe (no first floor rooms!).
5. Space (We have a small child, so I need a place for his playpen
and for him to run around).

Preferred: Free Continental Breakfast and Cheap Parking (wassup with
the astronomical parking fees at French Quarter hotels?????).

Most of our trip will be walking tours of the French Quarter, so we
definitely will get a hotel there, but I need your HELP!

Thanks in advance!
Paula