Old October 27th, 2003, 11:39 PM
Wolfgang Petrusch

Default Bad experience with Lori Cunningham/Skyscraper Tours

My problem is not that mistakes happen ... they do all the time ... my problem
is people spinning to get out of it ... See my comment to Lori ... The problem
had no influence on my thinking towards TA's (or at least Lori) at all ... her
response to it however had a lot ...

The customer is always right ... doesn't seem to apply .. in fact "a customer
was wrong because we say so ..." seemed the order of the day ...
Your taking steps here to help ... boosts TA's (or at least you) ... in my eyes

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

I have to agree with you concerning the spin. If you read Lori's reply
to Margaret's timeline, you cannot come to any other conclusion!

You also have to wonder why Lori responded the way she did. To allege
slander, and not to counter the arguments made by the other side, does
not look very professional. Trying to "spin" her way out of this
situation is economically not advisable, for two reasons:
a) It is always cheaper to keep a client happy, than to attract a new
client.
b) This has been a huge PR disaster for her, which will most certainly
affect her business.

IMHO, it should never have come to this point, and no responsible TA
would have acted that way. At least I have hopes that the link to
Margaret's web page, which I sent to Travel Guard, will induce them to
refund the money in lieu of a credit.

Wolfgang Petrusch
www.deluxevoyages.com