Old July 20th, 2004, 01:40 PM
jm

Default Live in Europe?

Thanks for your input ---- appreciate it!

john

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:33:24 +0200, "Kaitsu"
wrote:

"jm" wrote in message
If you wanted to move from the USA to Europe, which top three
countries would you consider? Make cost of living a factor in some
and not in others.

Top 3
Switzerland (german part)
Southern Germany
Belgium
Netherlands

Okay there are four but couldn't decide between Belgium and Netherlands. Why
these countries? Climate is quite nice. Location is good. People are okay.
Customer service in shops, restaurants, garages, etc is good, even if you
don't speak the same language.

Low 3
France
People are so unfriendly that I wouldn't live there. There is no customer
service. I think there are no such word in French ;-) If you want to buy
anything it takes forever. Even buying food from supermarkets takes forever.
And the client is always wrong. No one cares about rules, laws or
regulations. It's like third world country if you look how people act. If
you don't speak _fluent_ French, forget it. No one cares about other people.
If you like extremely selfish people, move to France.

Italy
Too relaxed way of life for me. A bit same as France but the generally the
customer service is a bit better and people are more friendly. But for
everyday life it's bit too "relaxed". Anyway, it's a nice country as a
holiday destination.

Britain
Why? Location and the climate. Otherwise it would be just fine.