Old October 19th, 2003, 08:05 PM
John Misrahi

Default what backpack for central america

Hi all,
I am slowly planning a backpacking trip to Mexico/Belize/Guatemala. I was
wondering what is the best way to pack my things? I mean, what kind of bag?
I have a good backpack I have used for all kinds of trips in Canada and and
the US. But I am afraid maybe it looks too 'flashy' and would be a bigger
target for theives..What do you guys do? FInd something dumpy at an army
surplus store? Am I just paranoid/? I have a duffel bag but experience from
this spring says it is a bad idea to carry a full heavy duffel bag for
long..and It is an army one - I understand anything military can bring the
wrong kind of attention in many Central American countries.

john

--
-"The other pubs were all
furnished with the faux "old country" furniture and trappings that must come

To reply by email, please remove 'nospam'