Old July 26th, 2006, 08:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 02:19:43 +0800, Miguel Cruz
wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:
Miguel Cruz writes:
The reason for this is pretty simple: People know that heating is
more necessary than cooling for comfortable and productive living,
within the range of temperatures that are normally experienced in
inhabited areas.

Which inhabited areas? Most of the world's population these days
lives in warm or hot climates.

That's irrelevant. We are only talking about the people who need cooling
or heating. The people who are able to survive just fine (e.g., almost
all of the people living in warm or hot climates) are not among that
number.

Please note that Mixi has stated that they either don't exist, or just
suffer. This of course doesn't accord with my, or your experience. But
when you know it all...

The fact that you personally might prefer cooling if you came here is
likewise irrelevant; the people who actually live here don't need it.
You are simply weird.

That is crediting him with being fascinating. I wouldn't go that far.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com