Old June 29th, 2006, 12:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Avoid Delta and Atlanta

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:17:59 GMT, "bunny"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:21:17 GMT, "bunny"
wrote:

"Hilary" wrote

And it seems that most people don't want to check prices every day for
months just in case they can save a tenner or so.

This is true. And for those who are willing to check prices frequently --
don't know what all airlines do, but with United, if you buy a fare and
then
you see it go down, call United and ask them to give you a travel voucher
for the difference. Don't other airlines do this as well? I only know
about United because that's the airline I worked for. I wouldn't hesitate
to book early on United because I know if the fare goes down I can get the
difference back to apply to future travel.

I want to get the lower price posted for the flight i am taking--not a
future trip.

Every time I have found a lower price they tell me --sorry all the
tickets at that price are sold out for your flight.

Even if I call the minute the lower price it listed I still get the
same line.

That doesn't have anything to do with what I posted. I posted about a
guarantee that if the particular fare that I purchase goes down, I can get a
travel voucher back for the difference. If I purchase that fare today for
$400, and it goes down to $350, I can get a travel voucher back for $50.

As for what you posted, I don't know what you mean by lowest price posted.
Everyone wants to pay no more than the cheapest seat on the plane costs.
The first people to book it get it, and that's just the way the universe
works in the land of limited supply.

Let me explain it to you.

I have purchased a ticket.

I then check EVERY day (maybe several times a day)) for a lower fare
for that airline.

When I immediately contact the airline I am told there are no seats
available for that price on the flight I am taking.

what a coincidence!!

I wonder how many seats they had on that plane at the lower price?
one? two?

What exactly are the FINE details for using the travel voucher?

Where is the description on the UAL site that details the "find a
lower fare--get a travel voucher?