Old May 12th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Kathy Garner

Default Advice re Katoomba & Spiders!

Now, calm down, "A Mate" I'll forward your reply to the kid.
Nope, never seen a wolf...only a sasquatch! :-)

Thanks for the link.

Kathy

A Mate wrote:

Of course there are spiders, just as there are wolves in Canada - and I'm
sure more Canadians die under the fangs of wolves each year than Australians
die from spider bite!!! Only 2 venomous spiders are common - the redback,
which is a nervous and reclusive distant relative of the black widow (which
I believe is in Canada) - and the funnel web which is a ground dwelling
spider and not aggressive unless you break into its tunnel. I can't remember
when the last spider bite fatality occurred!!!

For cheapish accommodation go to the Blue Mountains option on:

http://www.wotif.com.au

"Kathy Garner" wrote in message

Hi, I've another question. We'd like to visit Katoomba. Could anyone
reccommend a good place
to stay that would range from 120-170 a night for 6 people? Like most
people, we're trying to do
things on the cheap but a lot of the websites for Katoomba list very
expensive accommodation.

Also, my nephew is freaked out about Australian spiders and thinks there
will be one lurking under
each blanket. What is it with the spiders anyhow? They'd be deep in the
bush, right? He thinks we
have to be extra cautious or something. Now he's got my mom worried and
it's getting contagious.
What's the real story? Thanks.

Kathy in BC, Canada