Old August 21st, 2009, 10:03 PM posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
ATM

Default Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

"Brian" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:09:54 -0700, "ARL"
wrote:

i don't know the answer to your question but I'll make a couple of
comments. One is that there are also buses from NJ that might be
possibilities.
You'll be spending some of your day going back and forth on
transportation. you might book something now but as the time gets
closer, check to see if there are any specials. One site is
travelzoo.com and others may have other ideas. We got a pretty good
deal at a 4 star hotel in a very good location in Manhattan that
included breakfast. They had many different options of different
prices.
The summer was pretty slow apparently and hotels may not be
discounting fall yet but might do so closer to the time you are going.
How much mobility do you have and how "mature" are you?
Many of the subways are not particularly friendly to those who have
limited mobility.
I consider my wife and I to be mature but that can incorporate a wide
range. Ten days after we went, I wound up getting a pacemaker I wasn't
expecting.

We are nearing retirement age, but not there yet. Certainly no teenagers &
spring chicken.
We perfer quietness and willing to pay more to get a reasonable night of
sleep. Aware of too soft beds for a week may cause back pain.

We like your idea of booking something now in Manhattan and try to get
better deal as time gets closer. But we do not know how? All these internet
hotel booking sites requires you to PAY now when booked, and almost
impossible to cancel or changes, once you make the purchase.