Old August 18th, 2006, 01:28 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Tchiowa

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Hatunen wrote:

We were on a train in Finland from Oulu to Tampere with an hour
or so to change to the train to Turku Harbor where we were to
take a ferry to Stockholm. North of Tampere the train came to a
dead standstill in the middle of nowhere and sat, and sat, and
sat. We were getting worried aobut our connections, but all
attempts to find out from the conductor what the problem was
failed because the conductor simply didn't know any English and
my Finn is very, very skimpy.

I took the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki. Had no problem
communicating in English with the ticket staff, crew, or people at the
arrival area. Even had no problem getting someone to explain to me in
English about Ankracet (I'm sure I misspelled that).