Old February 8th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Juliana L Holm

Thomas Smith -no-spam wrote:
As another poster stated here, you should contest the charge with your
credit card company. They will be more effective in finding out what
happened since they know exactly who to contact at Carnival. The ship's
purser is responsible for maintaining the itemized reports on what everyone
is charged. This is usually analyzed to see where the on-board revenue
comes from, and how to enhance it in the future. (e.g. is everyone buying
drinks in the bar, portraits in the photo shop, goodies in the souvenir
store, etc.) I am wondering if there was some damage to the room that
occurred and they are trying to, rightly or wrongly, get you to pay for.
You should have received an itemized list, but the cabin steward may have
erroneously delivered it to your kid's room and they, not knowing what to do
with it, threw it away. Still, if you do want to complain to someone in the
Carnival organization, send your letter to;

Thanks. I want to do both. I am disputing this through my credit card AND
complaining to Carnival.

They did send an itemized list to my kids' room. The total was $0. And the
total on our list was what was charged to my husband's charge. I know there
was no damage to the room, since we met there before disembarking, and it
looked great. I know they did not take towels or robes.

I just want to know what it is, and the fact that they have not provided me
with a revised statement, after promising to do so four.

I don't want anything from Carnival (no free cruise or coupons or anything
like that) except a statement of what I am paying for and a credit if I am
inappropriately charged. Indeed on the fourth of my five calls the woman
told me it was a hold on the card that had not been taken off and it was a
mistake, and my guess is that this is the actual case, and that because it is a
hold not a real charge, they can't generate a statement.

What is frustrating is how long it is taking to resolve, which, alas, seems to
be standard these days in customer service.

Julie

Bob Dickinson
President
Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival Place
3655 NW. 87th Ave.
Miami, FL 33178-2428

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message

Does anyone know who the contact would be to file an executive complaint

with
Carnival? I am still fighting with them over the $50 charge on my

children's
room. It is time to escalate this complaint!

For those who don't know the story, we took the 2 day cruise to nowhere
out of Norfolk in October, with two (adult, aged 20 and 29) children. As

it
was our treat to them, we paid for every thing with our card. Since

Carnival
insisted on a card for both rooms, we used my credit card to cover the

kids'
room. We charged nothing on the kids' room, and when we got our last day
statements, that is what they stated. Nothing on the kids room, a bit

under
$160 on ours.

My credit card was charged $50 on the disembarkation day of the cruise. I
called Carnival repeatedly, and they repeatedly promised me a copy of my
statement, which I have never received. Then in January they told me it

was
a mistake, a hold on my card but they would remove it. I never got the
credit. Now I called again, and they tell me oh it was because they could
not get the full charge on my husband's card (which I know to be untrue;

he
spent $2500 on a new computer the week after the cruise and has plenty of
credit) and cannot explain why the charge is $50 higher than our

statement,
except that I or my children must have purchased something, and that they
have sent a statement to me, on February 2nd (and she also said they sent
a statement to me in November.)

--
Julie

http://www.dragonsholm.org/travel.htm